THE DRUMS OF SAMHAIN
- – by Chanticleer
- The drums of Samhain keeping time.
The gates of magic open wide.
- A cauldron’s blessings overflow.
- The candle flames are dying low.
- The witches dance the circle ’round
- to chant and bring the power down.
Hecate will hear our call
to turn the summer into fall.
- The magic veil is growing thin.
- The Netherworld is near our own.
We’ll see the sacred fire fed
- while witches commune with the dead.
- The winds of Autumn call our names.
- The driving rhythm slowly calms.
- The glowing embers we will tend
until the drums of Samhain end.