Charge of the Goddess
Hear ye the words of the Star Goddess;
she in the dust of whose feet are the hosts
of heaven, and whose body encircles the universe
I who am the beauty of the green earth,
the white moon among the stars, and the mystery
of the waters call unto thy soul;
Arise, and come unto me.
I am the soul of nature who gives life to the universe.
From Me all things proceed, and unto Me all things must return.
Before My face, beloved of gods and of men, let thine
innermost divine self be enfolded in the rapture of the infinite.
Let My worship be within the heart that rejoices,
for behold, all acts of love and pleasure are My rituals.
Therefore let there be beauty and strength, power and compassion,
honor and humility, mirth and reverence within you.
To thou who thinkest to seek Me, know that thy seeking and
yearning shall avail thee not unless thou knowest the Mystery.
If that which thou seekest thou findest not within thee,
thou wilt never find it without.
For behold, I have been with thee from the beginning; and
I am that which is attained at the end of desire.”
– from Doreen Valiente’s “Charge of the Goddess”
I have a confession to make, it is not my fault that I am late. It’s Lady A’s. She emailed me and told me not to log in. She had some updating or something she had to do. I can tell the night owl was busy last night. Wow! I love new graphics she put up. I sometimes wonder when that woman sleeps. I am looking out the window right now. There she is with Kiki checking on the animals. She loves doing it, so why not let her do it in peace.
Lady A is enjoying herself. So I will get to work and hopefully bring some joy into your life. I will be putting on more spells today. Just give me time to do it, I have to type each one up. There might be a little pause between spells but the next one will be coming up shortly
Have a great day,
More Happy Holidays Comments
Against an Excess Drink
A glass of wine
Before those serpent alcohols
That tempt the tongue and soothe the brain
Shall rise and wind their glittering coils
About your feverish fears again,
Treat them firmly, do not fail
Before their clear hypnotic eyes;
Confess their power, yet prevail
Before they learn to turn and tease;
Utter this charm, that wit and will
May stare them down and hold them still:
“Knowledge I have
While thou hast none,
I can make songs
Beyond they tongue,
All of thy offerings
First were mine:
I keep my spirit
And need not thine.”
Then raise to your lips a glass of wine – spit in it, empty it down the drain.
By Migene Gonzales-Wippler
LIFE’S PECULIAR REFLECTIONS
1. I’m not into working out. My philosophy is no pain, no pain.
2. I’m in shape. Round is a shape.
3. Do illiterate people get the full effect of alphabet soup?
4. I’ve always wanted to be somebody, but I should have been more specific.
5. Ever notice that anyone going slower than you is an idiot, but anyone going faster is a maniac?
6. I have six locks on my door, all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three of them.
7. One out of every three Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of two of your best friends. If they are OK, then it must be you.
8. They show you how detergents take out bloodstains. I think if you’ve got a T-shirt with bloodstains all over it, maybe your laundry isn’t your biggest problem.
9. Ask people why they have deer heads on their walls and they tell you it’s because they’re such beautiful animals. I think my wife is beautiful, but I only have photographs of her on the wall.
10. I Don’t Have An Attitude Problem … You Have a perception problem.
Oh My Aging Funny Bone….